Monday, March 22, 2010

My Vintage Treasures!!

I already know how blessed I am for numerous reasons, now I can add lucky. Or is it luck that the women in my family (grandparents, great-grandparents, etc) were into jewelry? Then I marry into a family whose women love jewelry and voila!, I am the most excited recipient of the above vintage jewelry! And that is only half of it. It took several hours to clean and polish and so worth it-you almost have to squint it's so bright! Triple strands of large faux pearls with lime green crystals in between, triple strands of faceted blue and purple Austrian crystals, strands of faceted square (very unique) clear crystals, ornate rhinestone earrings and brooches just to list but a few. Most of it is in perfect condition and honestly, I will wear as is. The rest will be redesigned into spectacular vintage/modern pieces to sell in my ArtFire shop. I feel LUCKY!

4 comments:

  1. You are sooooooooooooo lucky! But, I've already told you that! :) Thanks for your sweet comment about Reba/Karen & my blog. Who would have ever known the friendships that would be made from something like blogging! I'm glad I found you too. Let's support each other in creating wonderful jewelry. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jewelry you make girl!
    I have boxes of vintage jewelry and sometimes it's really hard to break it apart to make more jewelry...but I love it also!
    Continue with what you are doing girl, it's gorgeous! And...lucky you, you have it coming in from family...no need to search for it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful stash you have!!!! But you have to have a bunch to be able to create gorgeous jewelry, don't you? Your pieces are so pretty!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your blog and your awesome work with the vintage jewelry! Always wear your art, as you never know when you can sell it.

    Huge thank you for your lovely comments on my bedbench. Course it sold first thing on set up day.
    Signed up to follow you and put you on my side bar so others can find you.

    ReplyDelete